Internet Explorer is not supported. Please upgrade to a more modern browser.
Players on Autcraft can make shops to sell items at any price.
To begin setting up a shop, place a container near the location of the shop. The container must be recently placed. If there is already a container, it must be broken and placed again. Containers include chests, shulkers, and barrels. For the remainder of this article, containers will be referred to as "chests."
While holding a stick, right click the desired chest. The stick will now be used for shop type and appearance selection.
Shift and right click the stick in the air (so no block is selected) to select shop appearance. Options are:
- The most common shop on Autcraft. Players interact with a villager to purchase items.
- Wandering Trader
- Players interact with a wandering trader to purchase items.
- Players interact with a sign to purchase items.
All shop appearance options function the same way. There is no benefit for having one over the other, other than for cosmetic reasons.
Next, right click the stick into the air without crouching (no shift). This will cycle through the shop types:
- Selling Shop
- Sells items to player for emeralds.
- Buying Shop
- Buys items from players for emeralds.
- Trading Shop
- Trades items with players. This is how players can sell items for diamonds or other currency.
- Book Shop
- Sells copies of player created books.
After selecting both the shop type and appearance, use the stick to click the location where the shop should be placed. All shop types can be placed on the ground. Signs shops may be used anywhere a sign can be placed.
Shop Set Up
Place the items to be sold into the shop chest. For this example, there are End Crystals and Nether Stars:
Shift right click the shopkeeper or sign to enter the Shopkeeper Editor:
- First row
- Items for sale.
- Second and third row
- Null symbols ∅
- Price selection (more information below).
- Null symbols ∅
- Fourth row
- Hover over the paper to see the shop type and instructions for how to set the price.
- Displays the current page. Shops that sell many items may have multiple pages for price setting.
- Book (2)
- Click to move to the next page. A book will appear on the left side of the screen to go back a page.
- Fifth row
- Name tag
- Set the name of the shop. Follow the directions on screen.
- Opens the chest associated with the shopkeeper.
- Toggles trade notifications. A text and sound alert will be sent to you in-game when items are purchased.
- (Villager shop appearance only)
- Toggles the baby variant. This is a visual change only, and can still be traded with.
- Null symbol ∅
- Changes the villager profession. This changes the outfit displayed on the villager.
- Leather tunic
- Choose villager biome variant. This changes the colour and style of the outfit displayed on the villager.
- Changes the villager badge color. Options are cobblestone, iron, gold, emerald, and diamond.
- (Sign shop appearance only)
- Changes the wood variant of the sign.
- Ink sac
- Does nothing, though is meant to toggle the glowing text on the sign.
- Delete shop. This action is permanent. Choose Yes or No on the confirmation screen to continue.
- Name tag
In a selling shop, all items are sold for emeralds. The top row of the editor displays the items for sale. The second row is for setting an emerald block price, and third row is for individual emeralds. The maximum number for both is 64. If the price totals 20 emeralds or less, the price will be set in emeralds only (no blocks). If the price totals more than 20 emeralds, the price will be set as as many emerald blocks as possible, and emeralds for the remainder. Left click the null symbol ∅ to increase the price by one emerald or block. Shift and left click to increase by 10. Right click and shift right click will lower the number. To stop selling the item, reduce the cost to zero and remove the item from the shop chest.
In this example, the End Crystals are set to 10 emeralds and the Nether Stars are set to 5 emeralds. This is how they are displayed to players using the shop to buy items:
Setting Up a Buying Shop
This shop works the same as a selling shop, however the shopkeeper will give emeralds (not blocks, so a maximum of 64 emeralds) to players in exchange for the desired items. Place one of each item to buy in the chest, as well as emeralds to give players in exchange.
Left click the red null symbol ∅ to set the number of emeralds players will be given in exchange for the desired item. In this example, shoppers will give an End Crystal in exchange for 64 emeralds. The shop screen displays like this:
Setting Up a Trading Shop
This shop allows players to sell or buy things for more emeralds than the selling or buying shops allow, or for a currency other than emeralds. In this example, shoppers will buy an End Crystal for the price of one Nether Star. A common currency on Autcraft is diamonds. Place one of the item to be sold in either the top row of the shopkeeper or in the chest, and the item(s) to be traded (such as diamonds) in the 2nd and 3rd rows of the shopkeeper. In this example, End Crystals will be sold for Nether Stars. Left or right click to set the quantity for each.
Setting Up a Book Shop
Place the signed book (or books) into the chest along with blanket book and quills.
In the Shopkeeper Editor, the books will appear in the top row. Use the second and third rows to set the price with emeralds or emerald blocks. This process works identical to a selling shop.
When books are purchased, the blank book and quill will turn into a copy of the selected book.